Does your product have options? We have a lot of Makers that tend to upload variations of a product separately. But not only is that way more work, it could mean fewer sales! Having the ability to select the option that's right for your buyer right in the listing could make the difference in making a sale.
Input your Option Title (such as Color or Material or Size). The next thing you'll see is Input Type. You've seen all of these items before, even if you haven't known the names of them.
- Text Field: Single line of text
- Text Area: Large block of text
- File: Allow the user to upload a file
- Drop-down: A drop down list allowing the user to select a single option
- Radio buttons: A list of options with small circular buttons allowing a single option
- Checkbox: A list of options with checkboxes allowing multiple options
- Multiple select: A list of options where one or more options can be selected (requires Ctrl/Cmd+Click to select)
- Date, Date/Time, Time: Adds a user interface allowing the user to choose a date and/or time
There are a few use cases for options that might be applicable to your products.
The first is where the buyer has to choose an option, such as a color. Just make sure the Required checkbox is checked and fill in your information. You should leave Price blank.
The second use case is for more expensive options. This works the same way, but you'll want to fill out the Price field. This field is added on to the base price of the item. You can optionally choose a fixed amount to add on or a percentage markup of the base price.
The third use case is where you might want to have addons to your product. Usually these will add cost to your item. But sometimes you might want to optionally offer free samples of other products. For this use case, you'll want to make sure Required is unchecked.
If you're creating a downloadable product, take a look at the Downloadable Options guide. Otherwise, you're ready to go! Hopefully the process wasn't too painful. If anything still isn't clear, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're here to help.