The following is a list of standards and guidelines that Makers and Doorstep Market agree to follow when selling on Doorstep Market.
Maker Profile Standards
- Maker Description is at least 150 words and is a well-written and captivating story or description of the Maker. We recommend using H3 headings to better structure your Maker Description.
- The Maker Profile Image is good quality and high resolution, crops well to a square ratio, and features a person involved in the Maker business.
- The Maker Banner Images are of very high quality and resolution, look good when cropped to landscape, and feature the Maker, their products, story, and/or work.
- Complete all fields available in the Maker Profile section.
Product Listing Standards
- Very high quality and resolution of product photography, with minimum pixel size of 741 x 556px – although we recommend uploading the largest size you have available.
- Product descriptions are at least 50 words. We recommend more words and the best description possible, which will help your product rank well in search results. We also recommend using H3 headings/titles to add structure to your Product descriptions.
- Complete all available Product fields in the “Product Manager” in the Maker Portal, including shipping dimensions and weight.
- Complete the product field “Usually Ships In” to determine your order fulfillment timeline for each product.
- Ensure your pricing is consistent with pricing offered on your own e-commerce channels.
Badges or other graphic overlays (such as Hot!, New!, Discounted, etc) on product photos are against Doorstep Market policy. If you'd like to promote your product, please reach out to us at email@example.com. You can add a discount to your product from the product manager.
General Order Fulfillment and Customer Service Standards
- Complete all fields in the “Settings” tab in the Maker Portal, including:
- Shipping Settings
- PayPal Business account details
- Upon receipt of a new order, Sign In to the Maker Portal and update the status of the Order to “Acknowledged” – meaning you accept the order and are processing it. We also recommend sending a message to your customer letting them know you are fulfilling the order.
- Fulfill and ship the product within it’s specified “Usually Ships In” value.
Order Fulfillment Turnaround Timing Standards
- New orders must be “Acknowledged” within 2 business days of receipt.
- Orders must be fulfilled, meaning shipped to the customer, within the Product’s “Usually Ships In” value, which you the Maker specifies.
- If orders cannot be fulfilled within the “Usually Ships In” value, Maker must notify the customer and reach an agreement with customer regarding an updated shipping date and give the customer an option to cancel the order with a full refund.
- Orders that are ready to ship must have a “Shipment” created for them in the Maker Portal/Orders section.
- All shipments must include a tracking number when available.
- All orders must be shipped using the Shipping Method specified and paid for by the Customer.
What happens if a Maker fails to meet these Standards?
- Doorstep Market will first attempt to support the Maker in meeting the above Standards.
- If the Maker fails to acknowledge orders or ship items on time more than three times, Doorstep Market may move the Maker Account to “Inactive” status until the shipping and fulfillment issues are resolved.
- At any time, Doorstep Market may remove the Maker account from the marketplace for failing to meet the above Standards.
- If Makers fail to conform to Doorstep Market’s service level standards, Doorstep Market reserves the right to take action to ensure customer satisfaction up to and including refunding the purchase price, including shipping, and charge back the expense to the Maker.
- After three instances of Standards not being met, Doorstep Market reserves the right to move the Maker’s account to “Inactive Status”.
- All issues or problems with orders identified by Doorstep Market will be communicated to the Maker via their e-mail listed in their Maker Profile.
- Makers have 2 business days to respond to communications from Doorstep Market regarding issues or problems relating to the above Standards.
- Failure to respond within the allotted time frame will result in the Maker’s profile and products being removed from the site and any standing orders being refunded to the Customer.
- Doorstep Market will not be held responsible for returning lost funds to Makers who fail to meet the above Standards.
v1.5 | Last Updated 2020-11-30